Thursday, November 1, 2012

New Kitchen Toys

Almost forgot to mention my new kitchen toys!

I took the day off of work yesterday because I had an AT&T installation scheduled for the morning (which is a whole other story...) and then after lunch, I ran a few errands. Went to the bank, got my car inspected, went to Bed Bath & Beyond. Meant to do my early voting but forgot to look at the map of locations before I headed out.

So I went to BB&B originally looking for a tea sock, so I can make Thai Tea. They didn't have it -- I ended up buying it on Amazon. But they did have a few gadgets I decided to pick up:

Cookie Scoop - I think this will help me make better formed cookies, which I learned last week when making my Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice cookies is not my forte. I just need more practice or the gadget for it!

Corer - I've been debating about getting an apple corer for the longest time because I really dislike gadgets that have one use and one use only. They just seem so wasteful and take up room in a drawer... but there's really nothing else that will do the job! Thus, the whole reason these silly things exist. So I got one. Whatever! We'll see how it works.

I mainly got it because now that it's fall I am dying to try out a Crockpot dessert recipe: Baked Apples
It's amusing, I pinned this recipe about 5 months ago when I first found Pinterest and haven't made it yet. And I swear, every time I get an email that something of mine has been repinned, there is a high chance it is this recipe. So. I have to try it. I bet it's going to be good. Maybe I'll make the apples this weekend. Crockpot Sunday IS approaching.

I also took a picture of one of the kitchen gadgets at Bed Bath & Beyond because I just had to share:

So yes. Apparently, according to Nantucket Seafood brand, doohickeys is totally a word.

Who knew.

2 comments:

  1. Doohickey IS a word, we have proof :) don't buy too much, we need gift ideas for you....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yea, I keep meaning to revamp my wishlist and send it out to you and Gene.

      Delete