Thursday, June 27, 2013

My Fitness Pal - I Hate the Scale

There. I said it. I hate the scale. I hate weighing myself. I do it once a week, the same day, the same time. And I hate it. Usually I'm okay with it, but today when I stepped on the scale it had gone up 3.5 pounds from last week.

 Really? Three and a half pounds? I know I made some bad choices this past week but I didn't feel like it was 3.5 pounds worth of bad choices. I'd actually been feeling better this week, like I was starting to lose some weight. I thought my time with the scale today would be a good time, not a disheartening time that sent me back to bed for another 15 minutes, just running that number through my head over and over.

 The problem with the scale is it shows me a number I don't really see when I look in the mirror. Could I stand to lose some weight? Yes, of course, I see that. But the amount of weight the scale implies I should lose? I just don't see it...

Then I see pictures of myself and think, there's no way I'm that big. But the scale and pictures don't lie.

Sigh. I hate the scale.

I have to not let it get me down, I need to go back through the last week and point out my big mistakes to myself and figure out ways to not repeat them. I need to go back to the week where I lost a pound and see what I did right that week versus this past week. 

2 comments:

  1. *hugs* keep at it and the scale will move in the direction you want....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you're gaining muscle? There'll be a period of weight loss, especially if you're doing a lot of muscle conditioning and strengthening as part of your exercise routine, where you'll gain. That's because you're gaining muscle mass which is GOOD. That extra muscle mass will help you burn the weight faster.

    ReplyDelete